Follow ME!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Welcome!

Welcome to theCONTEMPORARYcapture photography blog!
I'm Jenna. Photographer and owner of www.theCONTEMPORARYcapture.com.

My style consists of natural light, on-location photography that uses a unique and modern/contemporary approach to portrait photography. From engagement to newborn portrait sessions, I ensure a fun, original and laid back experience every time.

If you have any questions you can visit my website at www.thecontemporarycapture.com

-Jenna


Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Holidays and a New Year!










I realize that it has almost been a full month since I blogged last, and that I promised to blog more since I would have more time, but... what can I say, I've enjoyed the break. Lets see, since my last blog I had a birthday, (which gets less exciting I've realized) but I did have a nice dinner with some girlfriends, some photo shoots, Christmas in Pearland and Round Rock, New Years with a record breaking silly string war, and an unexpected trip back to Austin to help Tess and Scott move. OH!! and ZIGGY!! I can't believe I forgot to mention Ziggy. Colton's mom has been wanting a puppy for a long time now. Well, being the dog freak that I am, I told her I would try and find her one. Well, we found Ziggy. A brown and white pure-bread shih tzu. We took a drive down to La Porte just to look (yeah right, I made sure I had cash in my pocket) at lady's house and she had 5 adorable little babies! How could we choose? We were there for over an hour trying to decide. Colton picked Ziggy from the start and I'm glad because there was no way I could have picked. Ziggy was going to be a Christmas present for Colton's niece Marley, but it wasn't Christmas yet. It was December 15. That meant... ten days with this little guy and then we would take him to Round Rock and leave without him. What was I thinking?Well, I was really thinking "We can just come back right before Christmas and get another one and take that one to Round Rock because I won't be as attached." I already have 2 little boys and I knew realistically, right now isn't the best time to have 3 dogs. So... I made Colton sleep with him every night while I slept in the other room with my other 2 boys (Ty and Leo, dogs, not people, just thought I should clear that up). I think it helped. It helped me anyways... So Christmas came and we took him up to Round Rock and put him in a box for Marley to open right when we got there. She loves him and so does Colton's mom. It was actually easier to leave than I thought. Of course I will be posting pics of him soon.
Now things seem to be back to "normal". I've made a few promises or "resolutions" to follow for myself for the new year and the new and improved me. I'm going to start doing more things for me so I don't drive myself crazy doing things for everyone else. That sounds like a bit of a selfish "promise", but if you know me, you know I love doing things to help other people. I just need to start putting myself first sometimes.

One of my resolutions:
WATER... I don't drink near enough. Sometimes I can go the whole day without drinking anything and I don't even realize it until I'm popping Tylenol like they're candy due to the massive headache I've gained from dehydration. Colton's mom got me this totally awesome water bottle called the Hydracoach for Christmas. Well actually, she got Colton one for Christmas, and when she saw how much I loved it, she went out and bought me one too. Gotta love her. I'm sure some of you are thinking how dumb it is to get this excited about a water bottle, but it has really helped me. I just put my body weight in and it tells me how many ounces of water I need per day. It also calculates % and the amount of ounces I drink in 12 or 24 hours. I have considered it a competition between Colton and I and our water bottle
I know this is a photography blog that I'm suppose to keep updated with PHOTOS, but I thought I would update everyone with what I've been up to lately. I'm sure most of you stopped reading at "WATER" but if you didn't I will be posting pics of the holidays and some recent photo shoots that haven't made it on here yet.

Happy New Year!
-Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment